Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hats, Hats, Hats

Recently, I have knit a couple of hats. Actually, if you count the ones I've knit for Joe, I knit four hats in December. I haven't been too fired up to knit sweaters lately, so hats seem like an achievable goal. Plus, I get to buy yarn without dropping too many greenbacks or I can use up leftover yarn. It turns out that I don't look good in hats, though. Fortunately, in my climate I don't wear them often. To model a couple of these hats, I recruited a far more adorable model than myself:

100_0257

This is the Sweet Honey Beret from the most recent Interweave Knits (Winter 2008) in Sublime Angora Merino. The hat took me just over one ball. I have almost a full ball leftover. I really like the yarn. Its very very soft with absolutely no itch factor and has a great halo. The scarf is my own pattern made from Manos del Uruguay. I've always wanted a scarf with large color blocks so I made one.

100_0259

100_0258

This is the Newsboy Cap from Stitch n Bitch Nation. I've wanted to make this for years and finally got around to it. The yarn is Lana Grossa Bingo which is a heavy worsted machine washable merino. I added a repeat to the cable pattern based upon recommendations on Ravelry but I don't think I needed it. The hat is a little long, but I do really like it. I added plastic mesh that I got at Michael's to stiffen the brim. This was a very quick knit.

At the moment, I'm working on Brooklyn Tweed's Noro Striped Scarf and I'm really enjoying it. It's coming out really nice. I think I can probably finish it this weekend. I also bought yarn to make an argyle vest since the dry cleaners ruined my favorite one - ugh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hats! :)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home